Chesapeake Government Health Services – Market Research Analyst
Chesapeake Government Health Services is seeking a Market Research Analyst Intern to work in our Business Development Division. Chesapeake’s business model is B2G, Bricks and Clicks structure, which will allow this internship opportunity to be remotely located (work at home/school). However, the intern will need transportation to attend semi-monthly staff meetings in our Tyson’s Corner headquarters office.
The Business Development Division is responsible for seeking out opportunities to sustain and increase revenue through government contracting support acquisitions. The Business Development Division prepares responses to formal request for proposals (RFPs) and task order proposals (TOPRs), creates and maintains relationships with other entities for subcontracting and teaming opportunities, monitors the marketplace, conducts salary research, analytics of metrics, analysis of pricing and price determination.
KSA’s (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities) required
The Market Research Analyst Intern is an analytical research position that requires strong analytical and research skills to include expression of information using excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication ability.
Knowledge and Skills
- Command of the English language including communication techniques and methods.
- Business administration skills in marketing research, industry analysis, trends strategy and planning.
- Statistical ration analysis with an understanding of business financial statements and industry standards of measurement and performance.
- Excellent reading comprehension, complex problem solving, active listening, critical thinking, judgment and decision making, monitoring (including self monitoring), active learning and writing skills.
- Excellent written expression and comprehension required.
- Intermediate to advanced ability in MSOffice programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Deductive reasoning, including applying rules to problems to produce logical answers.
- Inductive reasoning, including the ability to disseminate pieces of information to form valid conclusions.
- Category flexibility and information ordering (ability to generate or use differing rules to combine information in a variety of groups or outcomes.)
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously,
- Self motivated, self-directed/able to work independently, and work well under pressure.
- Detail oriented, organized, meet deadlines and efficient at time management.
Duration of internship
6 months – 1 year
Duties of the position
Salary research – Research of hourly pay from a variety of internet sites (both free and subscription services), advertised facility and competitor’s pay rates.
Market research – Research of competitive environment in specific market areas to include other healthcare facilities both commercial and government, schools, supply and demand of labor category, certification/licensing boards and associations for projection of future supply vs. demand, current market trends of labor categories.
- Gather data on competitors to analyze their pricing, sales and marketing strategies.
- Monitor industry statistics to report on trends.
- Measure and assess customer satisfaction.
- Collect and analyze data on demographics, preferences, needs and environmental factors affecting demand.
- Seek and provide information to complete analysis of data and information obtained through relevant sources
Overarching research and reporting on the Health Care industry as a whole.
Review and analyze pricing compared to disclosed prices of competitors in the market place.
Develop pricing options to meet competitive opportunities and provide input for profitability projections and corporate pricing strategy.
Maintain historical pricing data on each contract; compare and analyze pricing to competitors.
Prepare reports of findings illustrating data and documentation of all data received and translating date into reports, spreadsheets and presentations.
Produce graphs, charts, spreadsheets, engaging presentations and reports using MS Office programs.
Attend meetings as needed to provide team with information collected.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
To apply send cover letter and resume to:
Valerie Soter, Human Resource Manager
Job and Internship Posting Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although University Career Services and the School of Management Career Services review advertised positions, we do not fully research every position. It is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you.