Cardinal Bank – Full Time Credit Analyst
Title: Credit Analyst (Requisition #12-0033)
Post Date: 2/7/2012
Work Schedule: M-F (8.30AM – 5.00PM)
Department or Branch: Credit Operations
Location: McLean, VA
With direction, provides support to lenders and the lending function by performing a variety of duties associated with the underwriting and monitoring of commercial loans, including lines of credit and term loans.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops and analyzes credit data to estimate degree of risk involved in extending credit to diversified types of commercial loans by:
- Reviews all pertinent credit and financial information, including information from reporting services, credit bureaus, banks and bank files.
- Determines the need for more thorough investigation or additional information and contacts appropriate sources for such information.
- Prepares all spreadsheet and financial information.
- Analyzing financial statement and related material for non-complex credit requests.
- Prepares summary, presents facts and offers opinions concerning credit-worthiness to lenders and/or committees.
2. Assists in the collection of all of the financial information required to perform the review/analysis requested by the Lender.
3. At the Lenders’ request and direction assists in the collection of the necessary documents to clear exceptions.
4. May assist senior credit analysts as requested.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position does not include supervisory responsibilities.
Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting; or equivalent training
Six months progressively within a financial organization to gain the necessary experience and background knowledge
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Skilled at credit underwriting, risk management and exercising judgment.
Working knowledge of accounting, financial statements and banking.
Working knowledge of bank systems, retail and commercial products and services appropriate to the market.
Good personal computer skills. Must be reasonably proficient in use of word processing and spreadsheet software.
Strong interpersonal skills.
ROUTINE DECISIONS AND FORMAL POLICY SETTING
Determines degree of risk involved in extending credit.
Determines the need for further investigation or information.
Determines deficiencies in current accounts.
Formally responsible for making recommendations regarding policies associated with the job’s purpose and essential responsibilities.
The above statements describe the job’s essential responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents.
Job and Internship Posting Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although University Career Services and the School of Management Career Services review advertised positions, we do not fully research every position. It is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you.