Van Metre Companies – Acquisition Assistant (Reports to Vice President of Acquisitions, Investment Properties)
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Work with Vice President of Acquisitions to evaluate potential targeted acquisitions within each market and submarket.
- Build and maintain in depth knowledge of assigned market(s) including economic and demographic trends, real estate supply and demand factors, and characteristics of targeted properties.
- Conduct formal market analysis on potential acquisitions which includes physically inspecting competitive communities (apartments and retail centers).
- Work with various community organizations, and The District of Columbia (DHCD specifically) to determine rent control status of potential DC acquisitions.
- Create and maintaining a database of all apartment communities located within Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC.
- Track offerings and transactions within each targeted market through a custom database.
- Coordinate and assist with third party inspections for all properties under contract.
- Facilitate meetings between tenants, owners, brokers, and internal personal
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate to advanced level skills using MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and problem solve on the fly
- Professional demeanor and appearance necessary at all times
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible and available to work overtime as needed with minimal notice
- Demonstrated team player with a positive attitude
Carissa C. Barry
Vice President of Acquisition
Van Metre Companies
Job and Internship Posting Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although University Career Services and the School of Management Career Services review advertised positions, we do not fully research every position. It is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you.