Cause (Comfort for America’s Uniformed Services) – Internship
Cause (Comfort for America’s Uniformed Services), a 501 (c) (3) organization, is seeking a college intern for the
Cause headquarters in Fairfax, VA. This internship is unpaid.
Cause provides programs for injured m military members nationwide at military medical hospitals. The staff at
Cause is very enthusiastic about helping our nation’s wounded. The Fairfax office is a fast paced and hardworking
Hours: Part-time position with flexible hours.
Program and Development Intern Job Description:
- Update social media sites and website with relevant news articles and/or information
- Draft letters to send to donors or sponsors
- Help organize fund raising events
- Help compile media information
- Inventory of donations
- Creating flyers and other materials
- Other program management duties as assigned
- Computer literacy and familiarity with social networking tools
- Well organized and able to work iindependently
- High degree of reliability, responsibility, honesty, accuracy and flexibility
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Team player with commitment to o supporting the Cause mission
Preferred Qualifications: Familiar with the military community
Cause runs programs promoting recreation, relaxation and resiliency for wounded, injured a and ill military
personnel. All Cause programs take place on military medical campuses; this proximity is designed to reduce
the isolation and depression that often accompanies severe injury by creating opportunities for recuperating
military to interact with one another a and with community volunteers.
Job and Internship Posting Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although University Career Services and the School of Management Career Services review advertised positions, we do not fully research every position. It is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you.