The 2012 School of Management convocation address will be given by a selected undergraduate student and an outside speaker. The selected undergraduate student speaker will have 10 minutes to address the graduating class on a topic proposed by the student and selected by a panel.
Below is a list of the criteria for proposal and the speaker selection
- Students must be graduating in 2012 (January, May, & August graduates qualify)
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Nominations can be through self, faculty, or student nominations with the consent of the nominee
- Nominations must be submitted in writing to OACS (ENT 008) by Friday, March 16th, 2012
Nominations must include:
- Speaker resume (substantial involvement in SOM activities is a plus)
- The speaker’s recommended topic for the Spring 2012 address around the theme of “Intersection of Global and Capital”
The top three candidates must present a short (5min) oral presentation on why they should be chosen to address the graduating class. Note: This is not a complete version of your proposed address, but rather a persuasive talk on why the committee should select you to address the class and why your proposed topic will interest the graduating class.
Presentations will be made to the selection panel on Friday, March 23, 2012; time and location details to follow.
The panel will be comprised of School of Management student leaders, faculty and staff.
The student selected will work with a speech coach to prepare remarks and complete a full rehearsal prior to the May 18th, 2012 convocation