Acuity, Inc. – Marketing Communications Assistant (3 days/ week)
Acuity, Inc. is asking for a minimum commitment of three months, for at least 3 days per week. There is potential for this role to develop into a full-time position for the right candidate. Acuity, Inc. is seeking a dynamic and creative self starter who is looking to gain insight into a Marketing and Communications role within a professional services company specialized in providing Management and Technology Consulting Services to Federal Clients.
To help the marketing team raise awareness and lend credibility to Acuity within the B2G community consisting of clients, partners and potential hires. To help raise the profile of Acuity within government institutions in order to support potential income generation. To support the marketing team’s management and distribution of internal communications to Acuity’s consultants in the field.
The right candidate will provide essential research, website and overall communications support to the marketing team to help champion and maximize corporate outreach efforts. They will also help to raise our profile within the B2G community by applying knowledge of social media, traditional and non-traditional marketing activities to reach Government audiences.
Acuity, Inc. is seeking someone with exceptional interpersonal skills who will be as confident at supporting high-level departmental strategies and tactics as they are meticulous in carrying out more routine administrative tasks. As an enthusiastic and motivated team player, the right candidate will make an invaluable contribution to a small team operating with limited resources.
- Excellent communications skills, written, verbal and interpersonal
- Experience with social media tools
- Experience with website data analytics and developing narratives from the data to communicate to key stakeholders internally
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Desktop publishing experience
- Enthusiasm and creativity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative to meet deadlines
- Excellent team player with a commitment to equal opportunities
- Strong interest in Federal market, Social Media, Technology, Project Management and/or IT Service Management
- Previous experience of PR/marketing/events
- Currently seeking MBA candidate or Masters candidates in either Communication or Information Systems Technology.
- Experience updating websites using a content management system
- Experience designing communications materials
This position is unpaid. Will work with selected candidate who may wish to receive academic credit. When and where applicable, Acuity may provide reasonable transportation expenses.
How to apply: If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
607 Herndon Parkway, Suite 210
Herndon, VA 20170
Deadline: Friday January 20, 2012
Job and Internship Posting Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although University Career Services and the School of Management Career Services review advertised positions, we do not fully research every position. It is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you.