Pagnato-Karp Group 2012 Spring Internship – Financial Intern
A.J. Hawrylak at Ahawrylak@hightoweradvisors.com
11921 Freedom Drive, Two Fountain Square
Duration: February 1st through May 19th.
The Pagnato-Karp Group is seeking a qualified individual to join our team as an Intern. The right individual will be able to work as part of a team or individually. The ideal candidate will be able to receive college credit for a semester-long internship experience.
Description of Duties:
- Under the supervision of A.J. Hawrylak, the person in this position will collect, process, verify, and report financial related information as well as perform professional analytical and management support work assignments.
- Other duties may include assisting in preparing custom financial reports, developing and/or utilizing spreadsheets, databases and other computer applications.
- Other related tasks include filing, copying, data entry and other administrative tasks to help aid our team.
- Knowledge of college level math, basic principles and practices of accounting and financial analysis, as well as office procedures and practices.
- Ability to collect, evaluate and interpret data, either in statistical or narrative form.
- Capability to maintain files, records and documentation.
- Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with direct supervisor and co-workers.
- Skills are necessary in teamwork, problem solving, entering and verifying data, using computerized systems, various software applications, and standard office equipment.
Additional requirements include:
- Full-time undergraduate/graduate student
- Candidate MUST receive college credit in order to qualify for this internship – proof of credit letter from your College or University is required
- Polite, positive, self-starter who works well with others
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Can work independently when given a task and have the focus to follow through & follow-up if problems arise
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite proficient)
- Proactive in asking questions when needed
- Team player, humble enough to handle a variety of tasks; no job beneath them
- Proven experience to appropriately work with and around confidential information is necessary
- Flexible to accommodate academic schedule. Variable hours Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Approximately 20-30 hours per week.
Please refer to full job listing on HireMason.
Job and Internship Posting Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although University Career Services and the School of Management Career Services review advertised positions, we do not fully research every position. It is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you.