Kraft Foods – Logistics Associate
Entry level position into Kraft logistics that offers a “hands-on” approach to developing supervisors and managers within the Kraft CDO organization. This developmental position allows for exposure to the DSD environment and across the region and area. Mobility and travel are a must.
- Participate in developing daily – tactical plans in support of the business strategy by reviewing and approving processes in inventory management in SAP as well as executing shipment overall over/short procedures in SAP.
- Participate in implementing facility safety programs to meet governmental standards.
- Participate in all cross-functional meetings to include the LPT, District Meetings, and Retail X meetings.
- Provide coverage throughout the region for MCL’s and LS’s where applicable.
- Become familiar with the top KPI’s of the logistics organization and how you can affect the outcome.
- Become familiar with all – DOT standards and compliance’s.
- Become familiar with all work standards and assignments within the boundaries of union contractual agreements (if applicable).
- Assist with Finished Product Inventory Accounting. Must maintain adequate environmental health and safety programs. Will help in directing the efficient utilization of delivery personnel and equipment to support established goals and customer needs.
- Maintain all internal controls as they pertain to safeguarding company assets, bringing any variations to the attention of the Regional Director of Customer Logistics and take remedial measures as directed.
- Participate with interviewing, selecting and developing the training of branches’ clerical, management, warehouse and delivery personnel in accordance with established guidelines.
- Handle telephone and investigative agency inquiries, with guidance from Area and HQ management.
- Insure that adequate supplies are on hand for daily operations to function and that company equipment and facilities are maintained.
- Learn to manage the scheduling of incoming merchandise and the deployment of finished product to minimize out of stock conditions.
- Train and learn to manage branch locations.
- Work with Retail Management to maximize sales and meet customer needs in a cost effective manner.
- Work with Manager of Customer Logistics to acquire appropriate amounts of finished product and point of sale materials.
- With guidance from Regional and Area Management assist in leading warehouse/delivery team.
- With guidance from Regional and Area Management assist in supervising and developing warehouse personnel.
- Assist in maintaining facilities and assets.
- College Degree – Educational background in Business Logistics or Related field
- Organizational ability
- Team/people development
- Leadership skills
- Understanding of Consumer Goods industry
- Working Knowledge of Computer-Related Systems (excel, word, and Microsoft)
Job and Internship Posting Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although University Career Services and the School of Management Career Services review advertised positions, we do not fully research every position. It is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you.