PublicRelay – Student Internship
Join an exciting, fast-paced, hard-working entrepreneurial company and really make a difference! PublicRelay is looking for a few of the most intelligent and motivated students to help out at their rapidly growing company. PublicRelay is now accepting applications for spring semester 2012.
PublicRelay serves public relations, communications, and marketing executives working at the world’s most prominent corporations and agencies. They have crafted an integrated software and service to help companies filter out the most important messages about their brands both online and offline — and then help them take action to reinforce or redirect public opinion. PublicRelay is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C., in Reston, Virginia.
Interns work directly with media analysts and other PublicRelay staff who provide client services, develop new business, and design cutting edge technology. This is a great opportunity for students to work directly with some of the industry’s top talent and view the world of PR first hand.
PublicRelay seeks high caliber students entering their junior or senior year who have a proven track record of academic excellence, a willingness to undertake new challenges, and an interest in business, PR, media, communications, or marketing. The company asks that interested students be able to commit to a minimum of 10 hours of work each week. However, special accommodations will be made for vacation and exams.
- Research sources, outlets, and key industry topics for media analysts
- Assist the development team with system testing
- Conduct core sales and prospect research to help the sales team
- Support market research, competitive analysis and marketing efforts as needed
- GPA of a 3.4 or higher
- A strong interest in PR, media, communications, business, and/or marketing
- A positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Strong analytical, research and writing skills
- The ability to work out of their Reston, VA office at least once per week (some work may be done remotely)
Please go to http://careers.gmu.edu/hiremason. If you don’t already have an account, you’ll need to create one.
Job and Internship Posting Disclaimer:
The internship and job postings included in the SOM BUZZ are just a small sample of selected positions on Hire Mason. Sign in to your account for a more comprehensive list or get registered today at https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Although University Career Services and the School of Management Career Services review advertised positions, we do not fully research every position. It is your responsibility to determine if a position is appropriate for you.