The School of Management Alumni Chapter represents all of the school's nearly 27,000 alumni and is a recognized Chapter under the George Mason University Alumni Association. The chapter is governed by the Board of Directors elected by alumni with voting membership status of the School of Management. Chapter officers serve by election or appointment per one year term.
The School of Management Alumni Chapter brings together alumni of the college through a variety of events and activities. Our mission is to enhance the interests and reputation of the School of Management and to achieve a closer fellowship between alumni, students, faculty, staff, and the community. The chapter also encourages support for scholarship, promotes professional development of students and alumni, and fosters a sense of pride and commitment to the university.
Now Accepting Nominations
Join the School of Management Alumni Chapter Board of Directors!
The Alumni Chapter is accepting nominations to elect new members to the Board of Directors for 2014-2015. The Alumni Chapter seeks nominees who are enthusiastic about the School of Management and it's a great way to get involved with the school and play a part in its future.
Positions up for election:
- President Elect
- Assists the President in the execution of his/her duties and act on the President's behalf when necessary including presiding over meetings and represent the chapter at official functions.
- Chair of the Program & Events Committee
- Work closely with the School of Management Alumni Relations liaison to coordinate and plan the various events the Chapter hosts throughout the year
- Chair of the Outreach Committee
- Maintain the chapter's social media sites and website content in conjunction with the School of Management Alumni Relations liaison
- Chair of the Fundraising Committee
- Making connections for potential Alumni Celebration sponsorship's and for one resource development/fundraising event per year
- Record minutes at all executive committee and chapter meetings and notify executive committee and chapter members of meetings and send necessary meeting reminders
- Maintains the chapter's checking accounts
- Active member of at least one committee (Program & Events, Outreach, Fundraising)
Nominations are being accepted through April 25, 2014