ISOM Honors Program
The Information Systems and Operations Management Honors Program provides highly motivated students majoring in ISOM with an enriched academic experience integrating curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular development.
ISOM Honors Seminar
In order to graduate with Honors, students must meet certain academic requirements (see below) and take one of the two Honors Seminar, MIS 462 or OM 462.
The Information Systems and Operations Management Honors Program offers a select group of outstanding ISOM majors the opportunity to interact closely with ISOM faculty in informal settings, visit employer sites on special Honors Program field trips, take an honors seminar, and include their résumés in special Honors Program communications with key employers. Honors scholars who graduate in good standing receive a special designation on their transcripts and diplomas and are recognized at School of Management Convocation.
- Minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA or GPA in the top 10 percent in the major,
- Submission of personal statement/essay (topic to be determined)
- Two academic/professional references,
- Once admitted to the program, students with a cumulative GPA below 3.0 will be dropped
- Students who have been found responsible for an Honor Code violation are not eligible for the program
To successfully complete the Honors requirements, students must have completed:
- ACCT 204 Honors (or ACCT 203 or equivalent) with a minimum A- grade,
- OM 211 Honors (or OM 210) with a minimum A- grade,
- SOM 301 with a minimum A- grade
- MIS 301 with a minimum A-grade
- OM 301 with a minimum A-grade
- a set of TWO from the following courses with a minimum A-grade:
- Acct 301, FNAN 301, MGMT 301, MKTG 301
- one of the two ISOM Honors Seminars: MIS 462, OM 462